Eggless Date & Nut Cake – How to make Eggless Dates Nuts Cake – Eggless Recipes – Easy Eggless Cake – simple cake recipes whipped up with ingredients from your pantry… absolutely ” NO BUTTER NO EGGS ” totally “VEGETARIAN” & almost “VEGAN” if you substitute milk with soy or almond milk. You don’t even need an electric mixer, everything mixed with a simple whisk… pop it in the oven and bake! This recipe is adapted from Smitha’s blog Smithakalluraya.com adjusted a few to suit my taste… turned out super moist, perfect texture, loaded with mixed nuts and that color… you achieve using dark brown sugar 🙂 … lets bake and enjoy with a cup of coffee!
Eggless Date & Nut Cake
- 1 cup All Purpose flour
- 3/4 cup Dark Brown Sugar
- 1 teaspoon Baking Soda
- 1 teaspoon Instant Coffee powder
- 1/8 teaspoon Cinnamon powder
- 1/4 Teaspoon Salt
- 20 each Dates (pitted)
- 1 cup Milk low fat (i used 2%) *see notes ofr vegan
- 1/2 cup OIl
- 1 teaspoon Vanilla exract
- 1/2 cup Mixed nuts( walnuts, almonds, pecans, cashews) chopped
- 10 each Cashews (for topping)
- Preheat oven to 350 F
- Soak dates in hot milk for few minutes.
- Combine all the dry ingredients all purpose flour, brown sugar, salt, baking soda, instant coffee powder & cinnamon powder.
- Grind the dates to a coarse texture using food processor or chop them. Pour the milk, vanilla and oil into the dry mix and whisk to make a thick batter.
- Add in chopped nuts and gently fold.
- Pour the mixture into a loaf pan lined with parchment paper.
- Top it with some some nuts of choice. I have used cashews.
- Bake in oven for 1 hour and 10 minutes or until a knife inserted comes out clean.
- Let cool completely and cut them into slices.
- Serve it for breakfast or as a snack with a cup of coffee.
To start with Preheat oven to 350F OR 175C and keep it ready….
Heat 1 cup of milk in microwave for a 1 minute and keep all the dates pitted. (using sweet dates will be really good)
Soak the dates in that hot milk for few minutes. EGGLESS MANGO MUG CAKE
Meanwhile assemble all the dry ingredients… all purpose flour, baking soda, coffee powder, cinnamon & salt. Sieve if you prefer…
I just whisked them to mix. EGGLESS TWO MINUTE CHOCOLATE MUG CAKE
Add in dark brown sugar and whisk gently. EGGLESS CHOCOLATE CAKE
Add in oil…
Add in the hot milk from the dates… reserving the dates separately.
You may either grind the dates with milk to chop the dates or lightly pulse in a food processor. I would like to see teeny tiny bits of that dates in my cake so i lightly pulsed it. Add that to the mixture.
Add in vanilla extract along with chopped nuts and use a spatula to gently fold in.
Lightly grease a 9×5 loaf tin and stick a parchment paper in it. Pour the mixture… it will cover about little more than half the tin. Gently tap a bit to settle. EGGLESS SPONGE CAKE
Top it with more nuts….
Bake it for 40 minutes…. i have used convection mode in my microwave, otg works or simple use your regular oven. Oven temperature and timing varies… mine took 1 hour and 10 minutes.
After the first 40 minutes, take it out the do the knife testing. Insert a knife and see whether its perfectly cooked inside.
If your knife comes out clean, then… switch off the oven and let the cake cool completely. If its comes out with uncooked batter sticking to it, then give it another 15 minutes and repeat the test. Like I said mine took more than and hour… suggesting this test because there chances that the outer may brown too fast.
Once done, cool completely in an wire rack. EGGLESS STAWBERRY CAKE
Cut into slices and enjoy with a cup of coffee! EGGLESS NAN KHATAI
- Makes one loaf (used 9×5 loaf tin)
- Oven temperature varies… baked mine in an convection mode microwave… it took about 1 hour and 10 minutes. You may bake for 40 minutes and do the knife test and then increase the time accordingly.
- Using brown sugar gives beautiful dark brown color to the cake… regular white sugar, light brown sugar works too.
- Using instant coffee powder adds that breakfast kind of feel to the taste… i have used regular nescafe instant coffee powder.
- Adding nuts are optional… avoid if you are allergic to it. Combination of nuts work, simple walnut or pecans will be good too.