|1 can||Condensed milk (sweetened)|
|1 tsp||Vanilla essence|
1. Heat the sugar with the water in a heavy bottomed pan and make Caramel. First it will start to form syrup then as it bubbles will start to caramelize.
2. Pour the caramel immediately in a bowl in which the the dessert is to be prepared and twirl it so that the caramel is coated evenly in the bottom of the pan.
3. Heat the condensed milk along with the water and allow it to boil.
4. Remove from flame then add the eggs and mix thoroughly.
5. Finally add the vanilla essence.
6. Pour this mixture in the bowl which contains the caramel. By this ime the caramel would have set at the bottom of the bowl.
7. Cover the bowl with an aluminium foil. Then steam this mixture for 1 hour in slow flame.
8. Refrigerate and when its cool put a plate or serving dish on top of the bowl and turn it upside down.
Water quantity should not be increased for Caramel or it will form syrup.
Condensed milk can be substituted with milk – 2 cups and Sugar – 4 to 5 tablespoons depending on taste.
A knife can be used to release the sides and then turn it upside down.
I have used a picture from the internet since I do not have a picture with me.
Picture Source: Flickr.com