This sundal is prepared with pattani parrupu(yellow peas)…and it is masala sundal .mostly served in saucer plate. give a try….saptutu sollunga
|1 cup||Yellow peas (pattani parrupu)|
|2 nos||Onion chopped|
|1 no||Tomato (big) chopped|
|2 strands||Curry leaves (finely chopped)|
|3 stks||Corriander leaves for garnishing|
|2 tsp||Red chili powder|
|1 tsp||Pepper powder|
|1 tsp||Jeera powder|
|1 tsp||Aniseeds powder(sombu)|
|1 T||Corriander powder|
|3 T||Oil (for gravy)|
|Salt to taste|
|2 pint||Garam masala powder (for gravy)|
- Pressure cook the peas and keep aside
- Take a pan , pour oil ,add the onion fry till golden brown,add tomatoes and curry leaves.
- after tomatoes get smashed, put salt , red chilli powder, pepper, sombu (ani seed), jeera powders
- fry the mixture nicely. add corriander powder.
- add peas and water . mix well
- put it in slow flame till the mixture boil.
- The mixture should not thicken so much. it should be little watery.
- serve it hot with chopped onion and corriander leaves.