Celery is a very delicous herbal vegetable. Normally People say Celery is English vegetable ,used in soup .
But I bought one day from supermarket and used to prepare our Tamilnadu style as poriyal.
The output is very perfect ,its very tasty.
5-6 stalk of celery cut into pieces wash and keep aside
1 onion finally chopped
2 red chilles or green chillies(I used red chillies)
2 no Garlic finally chopped
Little mustard, salt, curry leaves
2 tsp of Oil
Corainder leaves for garnishing.
1. Take a kadai or pan pour Oil heat it.
2. If oil gets heated put mustard seeds,curry leaves,red chillies.
3. Once it splutters, add chopped galic fry them dont go for too much fry just normal.
4. Add Chopped onion fry for sometime.
5. Add Beaten egg and put the flame in low fry that until when u see the egg separates.
6.. Add washed celery, put required amount of salt.
7. No need to close the kadai, because its a watery vegetable, no need to pout water also.Keep medium flame.
8. After 10-15 mins Celery poriyal is ready.
It goes well with Sambhar, Rasam as a nice side dish.
Here egg is optional if you want u can add or else leave that and make celery poriyal.
The Same method we used for ASPARGUS PORIYAL also.