Cabbage Paratha – this is the easiest of all parathas… just mix all of it the dough, knead, roll out and cook. Kids will love this for their lunch boxes… adults too 😛
- Wheat Flour – 1 cup
- Cabbage – 1 cup
- Green Chilli – 1 (finely minced)
- Ginger – 1/2 inch (finely minced)
- Coriander leaves – 1/4 cup (finely chopped)
- Cumin seeds – 1/2 teaspoon
- Raw coriander seeds – 1/2 teaspoon
- Salt – 1/2 teaspoon
- Ghee – 1/2 teaspoon
- Water – for kneading
- Ghee – 1/4 cup (for toasting)
Lets see how to make this Cabbage Paratha….
Some prep work – crush raw cumin seeds and coriander seeds to coarse powder and keep it aside.
Take wheat flour in bowl, add in finely chopped cabbage, minced green chilli, ginger, chopped coriander leaves, ghee, turmeric powder, red chilli powder, cumin coriander powder and salt.
Add enough water and knead to a soft dough. Divide equally to make small balls.
Dust with flour (maida or wheat flour)
Roll it out… you may nead extra flour as this paratha will be slightly of wet texture.
Cook it over a hot tawa or pan. Let it brown a bit…
Flip to the other side and cook again until you see brown golden spots.
Flip again and drizzle ghee. (Ghee is good for health compared to oil… so little ghee is ok) Remove and repeat for the rest of the dough balls.
- Makes 5 to 6 medium size parathas
- You may play with the recipe… add garam masala to it for variation.
- Like i said earlier a little ghee is a must for these parathas…
Some Paratha recipes to try from our page…