|1 kg||Basmathi rice[cleanednd washed]|
|2 no||Cloves (karambu)|
|1 kg||Tender brinjals|
|1 tsp||Mustard seed (for tempering)|
|1 tsp||Tumeric powder|
|2 strands||Curry leaves|
|1 tbsp||Cashew nuts|
|1 tbsp||Grated fresh coconut|
|1 tsp||Black pepper|
|1 tsp||Coriander seeds|
|1 tsp||Bengal gram dhal|
|1 tsp||Black gram dhal|
|4 nos||Red chillies|
(Fry above ingredients in 2 in little oil till golden brown and grind with coconut)
- Wash Rice and soak for 10 minutes. Keep heavy bottomed vessel and with 2 tsp of ghee. Fry cinnamon , cardamon , cloves and then chopped onions. When it turns golden brown , add rice and fry for few minutes.
- Pour two cups of boiling water and salt. Mix Well and let it cook in low flame for 15 to 20 minutes till rice is cooked. Remove from fire. ( you can also keep in electric cooker too)
- Slice Brinjals into long pieces and soak in salted water till required.
- Heat rest of the ghee.
- Fry the seasonings and add brinjals and cook till soft.
- Add ground masala and fry till good smell comes.
- Remove from fire and mix carefully with rice making sure not to break the long grains with another spoon of ghee.
- Serve Hot with Raita and Pappads.
The dish turned out so delicious my hubby couldnt stop eating it!!
Hope you too try it and post your experiences!! Happy Weekend!