Vegetables – drumstick – 10 pieces (if frozen), brinjol – 2 nos, Raw banana (vaalakai) – 1 no, carrot – 1 no, beans – 6 nos, suran(seenai kilangu) – 10 small cut pieces, raw-mango – 2 small pieces
Green chillies (crushed) – 7-8
grinded coconut – 1/2 mudi (grinded with 1 tbsp of cumin seeds)
coconut oil – 3 tblspn
Fresh curd – 1 tblspn
Water – 21/2 cups
Salt – as required
1. In a kadai, add a 21/2 cups of water allow it to boil, now add all the cut vegetables (cut length-wise) and then allow it to cook.
2. While the veggie is half-cooked add crushed green chillies and salt as required for that quantity.
3. Wait till the veggie is cooked 3/4th and then add coconut paste and allow it to cook for 5-7 mins.
4. After that finally add fresh curd (consistency should be thick) and mix well. Do not cook after adding the curd.
5. Finally add 3 spoons of coconut-oil and mix thoroughly and turn-off the gas.
* You can use the all kinds of veggies which you like (but do not add watery veg’s). If frozon, first thaw and then add with the veg’s.
* Drumstick, mango, suran are mentioned in pieces and others are in numbers.
* Seasoning is not requried for this dish.
* If u want more hot increase the quantity of green chillies.
* Split the drumstick into two, for more flavor
* Always use fresh coconut for Aviyal. If you want to mix with rice increase the quantity of coconut paste and 1/2 cup water.
* Grinded coconut should be of thick paste (do not add more water while grinding)